The tour begins in the Market Place before a gentle stroll along ancient streets of this charming small town. We glimpse many aspects of its history, architecture and everyday life before an in-depth examination of the splendid Victorian Italianate Church.
Some of the people and events described in the walk include:
- King Alfred and the Viking terror
- The Abbey, King Edgar & St Edith
- A leper Queens ghost
- A friend of Florence Nightingale
- An American Ambassador in Wilton
- And even a set of Dragon’s teeth!
All this and much more will be recounted by your Blue Badge Guide
Please use the Contact Us page to get in touch about this tour.