This fine red brick Tudor Manor House was completed in 1583. It’s ownership has been confined to two families, the Dodington’s who built it, and the descendents of the baronet Sir Edward Hulse who have lived there since 1748.
It is their remarkable collection of furniture, paintings and porcelain that are to be seen in the house today, still a family home.
The Countryside Museum is an excellent portrayal of what village life was like when it was a self sufficient community.
Near the entrance to the house stands the Saxon Church of St.Mary. Built about 1,000AD. Much of the original fabric remains, including the Saxon Arch with it’s original inscription.
The village itself is a conservation area of natural beauty, and has changed little over the past 400 years.
Breamore is 8 miles south of Salisbury off the A338.